Children are always eager to learn and do things like their adult counterparts, they are always curious, and they will always want to do what their older siblings or parents are doing. They will want to reach the counter heights and explore what is happening; that is why there came an invention of adjustable learning towers. These towers help kids reach higher heights safely and comfortably without any struggles. Let’s see what you need to know about adjustable learning towers for your child.
Our Top Pick:
Quick Pick on the Best Adjustable Learning Tower For Toddlers Use in Kitchen
Why Do You Need An Adjustable Learning Tower?
Adjustable learning towers is one of the critical things a child needs when they are growing up; they can be used expansively for several counter height activities. If you have a toddler, the following are the reasons you should have a learning tower in your house:
Cooking and Baking.
In most cases learning towers are in the kitchen; this is because, in the kitchen, there are thousands of activities that a child would love to engage in. They can learn cooking, but with your guidance at their side, they can try engaging in baking activities freely and safely. Children always consider these activities as fun, which means they will be having fun under your supervision. Furthermore, you will have plenty of time to finish your work without children’s disturbance as they are kept busy too.
Arts and Crafts projects
It will be very helpful when you decide to give your child an art and craft project at counter heights while you engage in your kitchen chores like preparing dinner or doing utensils. At higher heights, you will be able to make them feel engaged as much as you are; additionally, it improves their concentration as they know you are monitoring what they are doing.
Getting the Kids in Action
Kids love being part of any activities done by their older siblings or parents. Therefore, giving them a chance to obtain higher heights like their elders excites them. They become part of your activity and confidence since they feel the same with their elders. Plus, they are able to learn how to do certain activities differently.
Best Adjustable Learning Tower Reviews
- Adjustable height for various kids height
- 2-step fits most counter height
- The durable and stable wooden structure
- Fold-up bottom step for easy storage
- High quality design
- Do not come with handrail
- Two handrails design to keep kids balance in use
- 3 level adjustable height
- Birchwood material for strudiness
- Perfect size to match standard kitchen sinks
- Comes with anti-slip pads
- A bit heavy to move around
- Contemporary and modern look
- Multiple colors available
- 2-step easy climbing for little kids
- Comes with safety rails
- Provide non-slip platform
- One-step design
- 3 adjustable heights
- Non-toxic and lead-free coating with bamboo material
- Rounded-cover edge to protect kids
- Environmental friendly
- Carry maximum weight capacity up to 150 lbs
- Multiple functions
- Only one color available
- Highlights safety with safety treads and rails
- Foldable stand to store under kitchen counters
- Three adjustable height
- Dry arcylic board to protect kids from falling down
- Unique foot design for sturdiness
- Not suitable for extra large kids
- Natural-wood finish to fit any home decor
- Sturdy wooden constructions
- Anti-tip feet
- Multiple handles design to help kids standing on it safely
- Portable and lightweight for multiple use
- Do not have protective board at the back
- Large weight capacity reaches 200 lbs
- Perfect for kitchen of counter height
- Wide base for safely use
- Adjustable platform for small toddlers and large kids
- White modern style
- Not easy to move around by kids alone
#8. Best with Giraffe Style – PP OPOUNT Kitchen Kids Adjustable Learning Tower with Wide Standing Platform
- Attractive look for kids
- Fits any kitchen counter height
- Three-level height adjustment design from 10.7 inches to 18.5 inches
- Easy to assemble
- Non-slip mat included
- Assembly required
- Perfect for both kitchen and bathroom use
- Adjustable height
- Multiple colors
- Durable birchwood with safety certification
- Easy to clean it up
- Large weight capacity
- A bit low compared with other types
- Cheap affordable price
- Multiple-use for standing and sitting
- Long-lasting guaranteed with sturdy material
- Wide side supporting foot prevents the tower from tipping over
- Four sided railings
- The kids need to use under the help of adults
- Counter height design for kitchen counters or sinks
- Maximum 400 lbs weight capacity
- Adjustable height for different ages of kids
- Safe rails to guard your kids
- Extra large standing space
- Not suitable for small space
- Natural wood finish for sleek look
- Multiple functions for bathroom, living room and kitchen use
- Passed safety standards
- Non-slip mat included for additional security
- Four-sided rails to support your kids in use
- Assembly required
What Is Adjustable Learning Tower?
This is a tower that grows with the height of a child. The top or first step of the tower has been designed to be easily adjustable so that it can be raised or lowered, depending on the toddler’s height using the learning tower. The last step is always constantly fixed to its place, and it is meant to ensure that the child safely steps to the higher platform. Adjusting the learning tower should be done depending on the ages of the children meant to use the device. The top-level should be for kids from 1 to 3 years, the middle level for children aged between 3 to 5 years, and the bottom level for 5 to 7 years.
Generally, adjustable learning towers are meant to boost toddlers’ heights; they do this by bringing the kids to counter heights so that they can enjoy engaging in daily activities like adults. They are always available in different side support levels, thus preventing children from falling. In addition to that, they are safe to use. It enables kids to learn important daily activities skills at a tender age and become perfect with time.
How to Pick the Best Adjustable Learning Tower?
The leaning tower you will pick for your child will determine how enjoyable your child will find it. Most of them are created with a foldable feature, which enables them to be easily folded when not in use, thus reducing accidents. The following are the things you should consider before picking adjustable learning towers for you kid:
The Materials Used
Different materials have been used to created several learning towers; therefore, it is vital to evaluate the type of materials used to make your child’s learning tower. Try finding the brands that use naturally sourced woods and waxes free from formaldehyde glues. Ensure the finishes are well done and safe for your child. The woods should be smooth in a way that they don’t scratch the child when they are holding them.
Go for Modern Designed Adjustable Learning Tower
Pick a learning tower that motivates your child to use it. Its appearance will be the major determinant of whether your child will love using it, or they would prefer something else. Make sure it complements the furniture in your house in design and the overall look. Check if its design gives it stability and balances your child when they are using it.
This is the most important feature you should consider before buying a learning tower. Most of them are adjustable, but their firmness when they are adjusted matters a lot. Find a learning tower whose adjustability provides more safety to your child. The ones with firm adjustability are long-lasting than the loose ones.
Prices of adjustable learning towers
The prices tend to vary depending on various factors such as the brand, supplier, materials used, among other factors. Some suppliers’ prices range from around $75 up to $140. Normally, the more expensive the product is, the more sturdy it can be, but the affordable helper towers can also be a good choice after careful selection.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. At what age can kids use an adjustable learning tower?
Adjustable learning towers are fit for children from the age of 1 to 6 years. Sometimes it depends on the rate of the child’s development in size, at the age where the child is able to stand and walk on their own since the learning towers frames prevent the child from falling.
2. How to use an adjustable learning tower safely?
Using adjustable learning towers to provide a safer environment for your kid is essential to every parent or guardian. The following safety tips are an excellent guide to ensure the safe use of adjustable learning towers:
- Be more cautious. Be it in the kitchen, bathroom, or living room, be careful when using the adjustable learning towers. Make sure there is nothing hazardous near your child’s working surface.
- Avoid hot surfaces and materials. This applies when using the adjustable learning tower in the kitchen; hot liquids, hot utensils, and foodstuffs should be away from the child.
- Place them on flat and concrete surfaces. Adjustable learning towers can impose danger if they are placed in unstable and uneven structures. Make sure you have adequately tested their stability before allowing the child to get there.
- Put them away when not in use. Therefore, children are inquisitive when not in use to make sure they are not in the child’s sight. A child would want to climb on them, and without supervision, they might fall on them, causing injuries.
Adjustable learning towers provide a safer and stable height boost for toddlers. They are designed to enable children to develop confidence since they can stand on their own at higher heights like their parents or older siblings. Many of them can be folded, and therefore they contain several sliding parts, ensure you check on them when your child is using the adjustable learning tower.