Wrought iron is preferred by most due to its durability. This ornamental iron is one of the best for furniture making. The wrought iron bar stools are fit for both outdoor and indoor living.
Wrought iron bar stools are there to complete the decor in your home. These bar stools can be of great use in clubs and restaurants.
However, they are prone to mold and rust. It is not a surprise when your wrought iron barstools get mold. Your bar stools can begin to grow mold due to being in a region with a lot of moisture. Mold invasion is one reason why you need to clean your wrought iron bar stools regularly.
This article provides you with ways of how you can clean mold off your wrought iron bar stools.
How to Clean Mold Off of Wrought Iron Bar Stools?
Things that you need to clean your wrought iron bar stool;
– Buckets or spray bottles depending on the size of the bar stool.
– Warm water.
– Protective gear for your eyes, hands, and face.
– White vinegar or soap.
– Garden hose.
– Soft brush.
The following are the methods of cleaning off mold from your wrought iron bar stools.
Steps for cleaning off mold from wrought iron bar stools:
1. Find space to use to clean your bar stools.
You need to have enough space to freely clean your wrought iron bar stools. Space should not be limited as you will have to spray water all over the place and make a mess of it.
2. Get the equipment you will be using.
Gather all the things you need for your cleaning activity. You need to have a bucket or spray bottles filled with warm water. Warm water is best as it is safe for your hands as you will not burn your hands in the process of cleaning. This method requires you to use a bucket instead of spray bottles.
3. Mix water and soap.
You should use a mild cleanser to clean off mold from your wrought iron bar stools. Don’t use detergents that contain bleach as they can damage your bar stools’ appearance.
4. Take off any coverings or cushions on your wrought iron bar stools.
Leave your bar stool bare for easy cleaning. All the areas affected by mold will be easy to reach if there is no barrier between the wrought iron and water.
5. Soak your sponge or cloth into the water.
Dip your cleaning cloth or sponge into the water.
6. Take time removing the mold from the bar stools.
Bring the washcloth or sponge from your cleaning water and start wiping your wrought iron bar stools. Go in circular motion wiping mold from your wrought iron bar stools. Keep dampening your sponge as much as possible until the mold gets off.
7. Now rinse your wrought iron bar stools.
Now that you are done cleaning off the mold from the barstool, all that is left is to rinse the bar stools. Here is where you get rid of the soap solution on the barstool and the mold particles left after the cleaning. You can rinse your bar stools using a garden hose.
8. Leave the wrought iron bar stools to dry.
Take your wrought iron bar stools outside and leave them there to dry. You can rely on the sun upon this.
The Pressure Sprayer Cleaning.
Steps to follow:
- Attach your garden hose to the water tap.
- Point the hose to the wrought iron bar stools and turn it on.
- The pressured water will blast the mold away from the stools.
- Take a bucket of water and add dish soap into it.
- Find a soft brush and dip it into your cleaning solution.
- Brush the surface of the wrought iron bar stools to get rid of any remnants of mold on them.
- Go ahead and rinse the bar stools using water.
- Keep the bar stools in a place they can dry up completely.
Use of vinegar to clean off mold from wrought iron bar stools.
Vinegar is considered to be more effective than bleach when it comes to killing mold. Bleach does not successfully kill mold as it leaves behind mold spores. The best kind of vinegar to use when cleaning off mold from wrought iron bar stools is white distilled vinegar.
Steps to follow when using vinegar to clean mold off of wrought iron bar stools:
- First, add white distilled vinegar into a spray bottle and purposely spray it on the mold affected parts.
- After doing this, leave the vinegar sprayed area for an hour before you wipe off the mold.
- Get clear water and rinse the bar stool and spray it with vinegar once more.
- Give it time to dry before bringing the bar stools inside.
Tips for Maintaining your Wrought Iron Bar Stools.
Ensuring that you maintain your wrought iron barstools, you enhance their durability. You do not have to deal with spending money on new bar stools due to them getting damaged. The following are some of the tips for maintaining your wrought iron bar stools.
1. Coating with car wax.
After you have cleaned off the mold from your bar stools, you can go ahead and apply car wax on them. Your bar stools will get protected from getting molds.
2. Dusting the bar stools regularly.
Buy a feather-like duster to get rid of the dust on your bar stools. Do this once a week, and you will have achieved keeping your bar stools in excellent condition.
3. Keep them dry.
Keep wrought iron bar stools dry at all times to avoid them getting mold. Moisture is the biggest enemy to your wrought iron bar stools.
4. Avoid direct weather elements.
Weather supports the growth of molds. Prevent the bar stools from getting rained on or even receiving direct sunlight. Keep them indoors or under shaded outdoor spaces when not in use.
5. In case you live in places that experience winter seasons, don’t leave your wrought iron bar stools outside when it is snowing.
6. Wrap your wrought iron barstools with plastic covers when not in use. Your barstools will last for long this way.
In conclusion, this article has provided you with detailed methods of how to clean mold off of your wrought iron barstools, and maintenance tips as well. Cleaning mold off from wrought iron bar stools is easy and ensures that you have your bar stools well-preserved and looking good as new.