A counter height chair is a chair that is used to comfortably and perfectly match with a countertop of a given height, whether in a restaurant or home-based. Generally, chairs are designed with different features and for different uses including office chairs, barstools among others. Counter height chairs are designed with specific features and height for a comfortable working and relaxation in your kitchen or restaurant.
Usually, the height of a counter chair is measured from the floor to the chair seat top. You should not consider the backrest height. To properly understand what is a counter height chair, this article will describe the height standards of a counter chair as well as other features of a counter height feature.
What Is The Standard Height Of A Counter Chair?
Both countertops and the counter chairs are generally lower in height than the bars and the barstools. The standard height of counter chairs is between 24-29 inches. These standard heights are designed for standard countertops with a standard height of 36 inches to 40 inches. Usually, the ideal height difference between a counter chair and the countertop should be 9 inches to 13 inches for a comfortable relaxation or working.
But despite the set height standards for counter chairs, before buying your counter chair, it is important to consider the height of your countertop so as to buy the perfect counter height chair. The standard heights for both countertops and the counter chairs are designed to provide enough space for the legs between the seat and the counter as well as providing enough space for easy movement.
More versatile and modern designs for counter height chairs also feature height adjustment. This allows you to adjust the height between a given range and for a number of heights within the range. This feature is more versatile and provides customized relaxation.
Before you go on, here is the Best Selling Linon Home Decor Counter Stool, 24-Inch, for your place.
- Rich Espresso Finish
- Dark Brown Vinyl Padded Seat; Weight Capacity: 250 pounds
- Folds for easy set up and storage
- Front and rear supports provide extra stability
- Fully Assembled
Other Features Of A Counter Height Chair.
There are many other functions you can expect for chairs of counter height.
Most counter chairs are either made of metal frames or wood frames. The metal frames are either made with a rustic bronze finish or modern chrome finish. The wood frames are designed to provide a traditional look to any decor, and consists of certain hardwoods crafted in different designs. The wood frames also consist of multiple finish color designs depending on the manufacturer.
Below is our Best Counter Height Chair with Wooden Seat & Metal Frame.
- ✅PERFECT FOR KITCHEN - ADD EXTRA SEATING to your bistro, eatery, café, restaurant, or patio with UrbanMod barstool. Built with a low profile silhouette, our simple yet effortlessly stylish barstools can fit in almost any space and are designed to be easy to clean, easy to move and comfortable.
- ✅NOT ALL BARSTOOLS ARE CREATED EQUAL: If you are tired of wobbly bar stools that just look cheap, it's time to make a switch. Made of heavy-duty galvanized steel (same as your car's frame) overlaid with glossy paint, our metal bar stools are water resistant, rust resistant, scratch resistant and can hold up to 330lb.
- ✅COMFORT-DRIVEN DESIGN: Our modern bar stools feature a footrest on all four sides and a comfortable 12"x12" seat with a broad profile, making them ideal for enjoying long conversations. Each counter stool is finished with smooth, high-quality welds, and gaps are rubber-filled to protect your feet from sharp edges.
- ✅COUNTERTOP HEIGHT & SMALL FOOTPRINT: Standing 24 inches in height, our metal counter height stools are perfect for your kitchen island, breakfast bar, or any counterweight table. When not in use, these metal counter stools can be stacked on one another for space-saving storage.
- ✅MAXFIND'S LIFETIME WARRANTY: We are so confident in the quality of our bar height stools that we offer a lifetime warranty. Love them, or we'll send your money back! Most furniture stools have no warranty (for a reason). Don't chance it with a cheap imitator; this investment makes sense.
- ✔️SET OF 4 Fully-assembled stools
Padding And Upholstery.
Versatile counter height chairs feature upholstered and padded seats as well as the backrest, for enhanced comfort. The seat is well-cushioned to ensure thick padding as well as a long-lasting comfort. The upholstery is used also to enhance comfort as well as providing a beautiful style for your decor. There are many different materials used as the upholstery including leather among others.
Some of the counter height chairs feature a swivel function. This makes it more convenient and fun to use. The swivel function allows you to move freely while sitting up to 360 degrees. There are different swivel mechanisms that include gas airlift, manual, and memory return.
Most counter height chairs come with a backrest for further comfort when relaxing. These kinds of chairs are similar to the dining room chairs but with a height difference of about 6-8 inches taller. Counter height chairs with backrest are more comfortable and safe for children as the backrest prevents them from falling backward.
Comparison Of Counter Height Chairs With Bar Height Stools.
These two types of seats are so common in restaurants, dining, and kitchen islands. They feature multiple similar features with the main difference being the height. Generally, counter height chairs are designed to be used with countertops, while the bar height stools are designed to be used with the bar tables. Usually, the bar height stools are taller than the counter height chairs with a height difference of about 7 inches to 10 inches.
Both the counter height and the bar height stool comes with varying heights from different manufacturers, but there are certain set height standards for the two seats. Generally, the standard height range for counter height chairs is between 24 inches to 27 inches. This standard height range is designed for countertops with a height range of 35 inches to 39 inches tall. For bar height stool, the standard height range is between 34 inches and 36 inches and designed to be used with bar countertops with a height range of 40 inches to 42 inches.
Here is a simplified table of what you want to know about the differences between counter height chairs and bar stools. And we have picked the best chair for each type. Feel free to decorate your place with these comfortable seatings.
|Couter Height Chairs||Bar Height Stools|
|Designed For||Countertops||Bar tables|
|Seat Height||24 inches to 27 inches||34 inches and 36 inches|
|Table Height||35 inches to 39 inches||40 inches to 42 inches|
|Our Top Pick||Check Latest Price on Amazon||Check Latest Price on Amazon|
In conclusion, counter height chairs are designed to be used together with counter height tables, for working or relaxing in your kitchen countertop or in the restaurants. Counter height chairs are designed in certain set standards so as to provide an ideal height for exclusive comfort.